What is a cookie?
Cookies are computer files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies can then be sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. Cookies may tell us, for example, whether you have visited our Web Site before or whether you are a new visitor.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We use third party cookies for functionality, performance / analytics, and social media purposes.
We may also use web beacon or other similar cookie technologies. When a visitor accesses our Web Site, a non-identifiable notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by us or by third parties. These web beacons usually work in conjunction with cookies. If you don’t want your cookie information to be associated with your visits to these pages, you can set your browser to turn off cookies as described further below. If you turn off cookies, web beacon and other technologies will still detect your visits to our Web Site; however, they will not be associated with information otherwise stored in cookies.
We also use third parties called Google Analytics and Marketo to gather general information about how people use our website for the purposes of website optimisation and analytics. To find out more about Google Analytics privacy policies, please visit
- track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with our Web Site;
- understand the total number of visitors to our sites on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer) and operating systems (e.g. Windows or Mac) used by our visitors;
- monitor the performance of our Web Site and to continually improve it;
- customize and enhance your online experience; and
- enable social media plugins.
We may also include web beacons in marketing e-mail messages in order to determine whether messages have been opened and links contained within them have been clicked. In addition third-party social media buttons may log certain information such as your IP address, browser type and language, access time, and referring Web Site addresses, and, if you are logged in to those social media sites, they may also link such collected information with your profile information on that site. We do not control these third-party tracking technologies.
How to control or delete cookies
Most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings and learn how to use them, please consult the “Help” function of your browser, or the documentation published online for your particular browser type and version.
To learn how to control or disable Flash Cookies, please consult the documentation or “Help” in Adobe Flash Player.
Need More Information?
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use on the Internet, you may find the following link useful:
Cookies that have been set in the past
If you have disabled one or more Cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
This section describes how we use personal data in the context of website maintenance and communication activities.
Data protection and privacy laws already exist in many jurisdictions to protect how personal data which relates to an identifiable individual (such as an individual’s name, email address, employee ID, bank account number or IP address) may by collected and handled.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) came into effect on May 25, 2018 and significantly changed the current data protection regime across the EU. Even though Sapiens is a global organization and is not fully covered by the GDPR obligations, we establish and maintain contact with natural persons in the EU and therefore we decided to make sure our website and communication activities are in line with GDPR requirements.
Sapiens may use personal for communication purposes in the following contexts:
- When you send us an e-mail or contact us through the website – we use this information to establish communication with and answer your enquiry.
- When you download our materials, whitepapers or infographics – usually we require to provide you contact details to identify who may be interested in our products. We may store details provided by you in order to contact you in future. However, we will not send you any periodical marketing information without your consent.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter – we than save your contact details and details related to your consent in our database. You may withdraw the consent (unsubscribe from the newsletter) at any time by using a link in the footer of each e-mail we send you.
- When you provide your contact details to one of our representatives. This may happen for example during an event or meeting. If you provide your contact details (eg. business card) and state your interest in Sapiens’ products, we may add your information to our database to contact you in future.
You can object to Sapiens processing your data for communication purposes at any time by contacting us. You will find contact details below.
If you have any questions or comments about this cookies policy, or privacy matters generally, please contact us via email at email@example.com
or the address provided below:
Sapiens International CorporationAttn: Privacy OfficerAzrieli Center, 26 Harokmim st.,Holon, 588-5800, Israel